Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New location. same girl.

So it's been a few days and there's been much to update you on:
1. I've moved- This is my third day in the new apartment and still trying to get adjusted to days full of organizing; instead of disney trivia.
2. Summer can walk! - next blog will have some exciting pictures to see how her amazing recovery has been going.
3. Unpacking and organizing is more expensive and time consuming than i thought.

Anyways, on to a little anecdote for the day. My mom and I went to Costco yesterday to stock up on some items for the apartment. After we finished shopping, we grabbed a bite to eat at the snack shack there- who can resist a greasy slice of pizza and a churro?!- and I chose a table to sit down at. Little did I know, that this table belonged to a group of elderly women. Yes- belonged to them! This group of about six women gather weekly at these specific Costco eating area benches- including the one I was sitting in- to chat and gossip about the other ladies who decided not to show up that day! They were witty, engaging, and sincerly youthful. As we left, I turned to them and said "You guys can have your table back now! I don't want you all to be talking about me when I leave." We laughed. It was a great lunch, and gave me a good lesson of friendship and happiness.

Also, I'm really excited- I got a new book. It's called The Wednesday Sisters, and from the first two chapters, it seems to be like a fantastic read. I will keep you posted, and pass it along.

Now I will leave you with a lesson and some lyrics that speak all too true these days...

"So here I am in my new apartment
In a big city, they just dropped me off
It's so much colder that I thought it would be
So I tuck myself in and turn my night light on

Wish I'd never grown up"


lesson learned: never be too old to make time for friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment