Thursday, June 30, 2011

go blog about it, why don't you


Now that I've resurfaced my blog, I'm excited to experience something new tonight: Wii

A little background on my experience with video games: I have none! While I was growing up (in the glorious '90s), there were two kinds of children; those who had videos games, and those that did not. I fell into the latter category: the one that was filled with outdoor adventures, wild imaginations, dirt on your clothes, and didn't come inside until after the sun went down. I feel so blessed to have had a simple childhood when the only lifestyle that was important, was just simply living.
I won't lie, I was envious of my friends- the kids hat had the video games. I always requested to play Sonic the Hedgehog or Tiny Toon Adventures for Sega Game System, but it was nice to go home empty handed- that is, without a controller in hand.
The reason behind the Wii is it'll be a great activity for when the weather gets cold again-- and with the unpredictability of recent years, it's safe to say, I'll put it to great use! I'll also have the Wii Fit soon- and I am looking to kick some butt and feel like the Biggest Loser. (hah- hopefully in a good way).. In the meantime, I'll be practicing my Mario Kart skills. I'm a little weary; I tend to only enjoy things I'm good at. But I guess, practice makes perfect-- and maybe my real life driving skills will help me in my virtual driving competitions. 

On a less technological note, today at the building my doctor's office is in, I noticed the elevator was opened and the man said I had to use the stairs. So I head to the stairwell, with a woman who arrived at the same time, and we begin to enter as it's smoke filled and causing me short of breath. We headed out, and asked the maintenance man if we should be in the building and his response was "Yea, the elevator is just on fire downstairs".. was that response supposed to put us at ease? Regardless, I ventured my way up to the three flights of stairs, and throughout my appointment, I could see the firetrucks out the window and wonder what if I need to evacuate?? Well, guess it was taken care of, and thankfully (as far as I know) everyone was safe.
At my appointment, I was told-- well she alluded to-- the fact that the stress occurring in my body may lead to bad things or cancer. great

Well, I'm off to begin my wii-knight Mario Kart session. wish me luck, and hopefully I don't get addicted :)

Lesson Learned: I'm not coordinated enough to use the StairMaster

No comments:

Post a Comment